California Dream Act
The passage of California Dream Acts — AB 130 and AB 131 — extend eligibility for certain types of institutional and state aid to students, including undocumented students, who qualify for benefits under another California law — AB 540 — which exempts students from paying non-resident supplemental tuition. We refer to our students as "Dreamers". The Financial Aid Office and UC Santa Cruz are highly committed to the success of Dreamer students, and are proud of the many Dreamers who have been selected to join our campus. Beyond financial resources, we offer many support programs and a support advocacy group for our dreamers. Welcome to our campus and community!
If you are not eligible to receive aid by submitting the FAFSA and you meet the AB540 criteria, submit the The Dream Application now for 2014-15 benefits, including state Cal Grants and institutional aid.
For Additional Instructions, Worksheets and Forms, Click Here: www.caldreamact.org
Below are additional links and resources:
- Private Scholarships - There are many links on our private scholarships page to apply directly for private scholarships.
- Educators for Fair Consideration (E4FC) - Extensive resource center that supports undocumented students in their pursuit of college, career and citizenship. Also see their Financial Aid Guide for College-Bound Undocumented Students.
- California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) Dream Act Application- https://dream.csac.ca.gov/
- UCSC's Educational Opportunity Program site for AB540 students- http://eop.ucsc.edu/ab540/
- UCSC's Registrar's residency site for tuition purposes - http://registrar.ucsc.edu/fees/residency/index.html Contains application for tuition exemption.
- College Board site- http://professionals.collegeboard.com/guidance/financial-aid/undocumented-students
- Dreamweavers- The Dreamweavers society brings together volunteers to provide Dream Act students at UCSC with a supportive, cross-generational community and to reach out to pre-college undocumented immigrant youths to help them see a path forward toward a UCSC education. For more information, please contact Mary Male- email@example.com or Esperanza Nee- firstname.lastname@example.org
- UC Office of the President Admissions site - http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/paying-for-uc/financial-aid/dream/index.html
- UC Office of the President Student Affairs site - - http://ucop.edu/student-affairs/policies/universitywide-program-policies-and-guidelines/AB540.html