Apply for a Cal Grant

Apply for a Cal Grant by submitting a FAFSA and a GPA Verification Form

If you do not currently have a Cal Grant, submit a GPA Verification Form to the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) no later than February 25th.  If you qualify, the Cal Grant will cover UC tuition and fees. 

You must re-qualfiy each year by submitting a FAFSA, demonstrating financial need, and meeting family income and asset ceilings.  The income and asset ceilings for renewal Cal Grants are the greater of the ceilings in the current year or those established for the first year you first qualified.

Note: The UCSC Financial Aid and Scholarship Office will automatically submit GPA verifications for all current UCSC students who appear to qualify based on their GPA and current year FAFSA data. If you have questions regarding the GPA submission, please contact our office.

Education Master's Degree Students are eligible to request a one year extension of the Cal Grant they received as an undergraduate. To qualify, students must submit a Request for Teaching Program Benefits Form (Form G-44) to the California Student Aid Commission.

See Also