Summer Aid

Types of Summer Aid

Summer UC Santa Cruz Grants For eligible undergraduate students, Summer UC Santa Cruz Grant may be available to help cover part of their tuition and fees. 

Cal Grants - Undergraduate students who plan to graduate at the end of summer may use Cal Grant in summer if they have remaining eligibility. Graduate students enrolled during summer in the five-quarter UCSC Education Master's program who received a Cal Grant as an undergraduate, are eligible to apply to extend their Cal Grant for a fifth year.  Submit form G-42, Request for Cal Grant 5th Year Benefits to CSAC.

Academic Department Awards - Some graduate students enrolled in summer may qualify for funding from their academic departments. Contact your department for more information.

Federal Direct Student Loans - Undergraduate and graduate students may be eligible if they have not used the annual (or lifetime) limit for their grade level during the 2013-14 academic year.

Federal Grad PLUS Loans - Graduate students may apply for the Grad PLUS to help with the cost of attending classes in summer. 

Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) - Parents may apply for a PLUS to help undergraduate students with the cost of attending summer session. Parents may borrow up to the full cost of summer, less any financial aid assistance the student receives. Students who receive a Summer PLUS loan as their only means of financial aid during the summer must pay summer session fees from their own resources. Students/parents will receive a reimbursement once the loan is approved and disbursed.


See Also