Types of Aid

There are 2 basic types of financial aid: gift aid and self help aid.  Use the side menu bar for information about various aid programs.

Federal, state and institutional aid must be accepted within the applicable academic periods or deadlines specified for each award. By accepting any financial aid award, you are agreeing to the Policies and Conditions published on the financial aid website: https://financialaid.ucsc.edu/eligibility-requirements/index.html

Graduate fellowships, teaching assistantships, and gift aid are not listed on this site.  Graduate students should refer to the UC Santa Cruz Division of Graduate Studies and contact their department for more information about fellowships. Our office does provide graduate student loans for those eligible to file a financial aid application.