UCSC Merit Scholarships

Campus Merit Scholarships

The Campus Merit Scholarship is awarded in recognition of outstanding academic achievement. Monetary Awards Scholars are eligible to receive $2,000 per year for a maximum of four years for freshman or two years for transfers. Those who submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Dream Application and who are determined to have financial need may also be offered additional financial aid including grants, loans, and/or work-study.

Duration of Scholarship

For first-year students, the award is for four years or 12 quarters of enrollment. For transfer students, the award is for two years or 6 quarters of enrollment.

Academic Requirements

To retain scholarship eligibility, scholars are required to meet satisfactory academic progress. For more information on these requirements, click here

Change in Academic Status

Campus Merit Scholars are responsible for notifying the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office of any change in academic status, including enrolling in fewer than 12 units per quarter, taking an official leave of absence, or withdrawing from the University.

Regents Scholarships

The Regents Scholarship carries the highest honor awarded by the University of California, Santa Cruz to entering undergraduates. Award amounts for New frosh are $20,000 paid over 4 years, and transfer students receive $10,000 paid over 2 years.  In addition to a monetary award, scholars receive priority enrollment and priority University housing placement, provided all housing requirements and deadlines are met.

Awarded in recognition of outstanding academic achievement. Scholarships are renewable for 4 years for first-year students and for 2 years for junior transfers. Renewals are conditional upon meeting academic standards as defined by the faculty Committee on Admissions and Financial Aid.  Students are expected to enroll in 15 units each quarter and to maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 to qualify for scholarship renewal. To be eligible for the Regents Scholarship, you must be a U.S. citizen, an eligible non-citizen, an international student with a valid visa, or students qualifying under AB130 or AB131.